Land Rover has announced the winners of the eighth edition of the Land Rover BORN Awards. The awards were announced at a gala event held at the Design Museum in London. The annual Land Rover BORN Awards recognize creative intelligence in six categories for products which consumers can buy in the fields of architecture, interiors, sport, fashion, mobility and technology. They celebrate excellence in global design.
The awards attracted 7,000 entries from six regions; the UK, Spain, Italy, France, the USA and the Rest of the World. Of these 7,000 entries, 192 were selected for the Regional Awards and from these, 48 winners were entered into the Land Rover BORN Global Awards.
List of winners:
– Architecture Prize: Cino Zucchi for the Lavazza headquarters in Turin Italy
– Sport and leisure Prize: Alexandre Fauvet for the revival French brand Fusalp
– Technology Prize: Javier Goyoneche for his innovative sustainable Spanish brand Ecoalf
– Interiors Prize: Michael Anastassiades Arrangement lights for Flos
– Mobility Prize: Will Butler-Adams for the eco-friendly Brompton Electric bike
– Fashion Prize: Ryan and Adam Goldston for their US design and performance brand APL
Three special prizes were also awarded:
– The Loewe Foundation for supporting and promoting creativity
– Scott Painter founder of Fair.com for his disruptive digital consumer product
– Nino Mustica, an artist and great friend of the Land Rover family who died last year
The founder of the BORN awards Jean Christophe Chopin that the goal of establishing the awards eight years ago was to see creative intelligence displayed in many varied ways across so many different categories. He added that the continued success and growth of the awards proved that it was a valuable platform for both emerging and established designers
This year, the theme of the awards was ‘peerless’. Gerry McGovern, Chief Design Officer, Land Rover, said a there is no design that is quite like a “peerless” design as it stands apart for all the right reasons. Many qualities like imagination, intellect, wit and more than a little wisdom are needed for coming up with a peerless design. He lauded all the winners saying that each of them deserved the accolade.
Awards judge Michelle Ogundehin, a writer, consultant and TV presenter, said: “The BORN Awards are an industry standard for quality in design. The creativity and ingenuity we discovered during the judging process was truly breath-taking.”
The theme for the 2019 awards will be ‘Desire’ Entrants can now register at www.born.com with the finalists showcased at Milan Design Week in April 2019.
Manju Mathew, an MBA in marketing, completed publisher training courses from the Oxford Brookes University and New York University. She started with marketing and PR roles before moving on to her current position as a full time writer. Currently living in Dubai, her life as an expat has sharpened her observation skills and flair for writing. She enjoys writing about luxury cars like Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc even if she can only dream of owning them.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
View All Events
© 2017 Morjan Media LLC. All Rights Reserved.