3M Automotive Aftermarket Division, which is part of 3M, used the SEMA Show to announce what it says is a system that can transform automotive painting. The company launched the 3M PPS Series 2.0 Spray Cup System that 3M can dramatically improve the painting process with its revolutionary new spray cup design for better performance, efficiency and cleanliness.
The 3M PPS Disposable Paint Cup System was initially developed in 1996 in England by 3M engineer Steve Joseph and reimagines the entire process from scratch to help painters in the collision repair industry manage the paint process better. Use of the new system can reduce solvent use by up to 70 percent and decrease prep time by up to 50 percent. The new spray cup design eliminates the need for a collar, adds a quarter-turn lid locking system and includes new features to make painting easier and more efficient.
Dale Ross, U.S. marketing operations manager, 3M Automotive Aftermarket Division said that 3M worked closely with painters and 3M technical experts to identify ways to improve the painting process and the 3M PPS 2.0 Spray Cup System highlights this commitment to innovation. Painters can use this system to make their job more efficient and easier as it delivers higher-quality paint jobs with the outcome being less need for rework or call-backs.
The 6 key features that make the 3M PPS Series 2.0 Spray Cup System better from the performance perspective are:
1. Wide Spout Adapter with Four-Point Connection. This adapter increases stability while spraying and is easier to clean.
2. Quarter-Turn Lid Locking System. Is available with every lid making painting cleaner and faster. There are fewer components to keep tabs on.
3. Domed Lid with Full-Diameter Filter. The full diameter filter means there is more paint below the filter for better flow and consistency. It also reduces spitting from start to finish.
4. New Cup in Every Lid & Liner Kit. Every lid and liner kit has a new cup and this means there os less paint buildup on the cup. On-cup ratios and max fill markings eliminate outside mixing cups.
5. Access Window. The access window allows painters to hold the liner for cleaner, easier lid removal when refilling or tinting. The lid also makes it easier to check paint levels.
6. Larger Cup Sealing Plug. Allows painters to seal and protect coatings upside down with greater stability when not in use. Use fewer lids by keeping filters wet.
The elimination of the separate collar with the quarter-turn lid locking system improves the cleanliness in the painting process and eliminates potential sources of contamination due to equipment cleaning or maintenance. The easy assembly and refilling process improves the efficiency for high-production painters, while the wider adapter allows them to use a larger cup for consistent, efficient batch painting.
Manju Mathew, an MBA in marketing, completed publisher training courses from the Oxford Brookes University and New York University. She started with marketing and PR roles before moving on to her current position as a full time writer. Currently living in Dubai, her life as an expat has sharpened her observation skills and flair for writing. She enjoys writing about luxury cars like Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc even if she can only dream of owning them.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© 2017 Morjan Media LLC. All Rights Reserved.