For the fifth year in a row, Nissan has been recognized as one of top global brands in the renowned Best Global Brands Study conducted by Interbrand, which is one of the leading brand consultancies in the world. Nissan gained the No: 43 spot, an improvement over its No: 49 spot last year and thus has a brand value exceeding USD 11 billion. This makes Nissan the fourth fastest growing brand in the world.
Speaking about this increase in the brand value, Roel de Vries, Corporate Vice President and the global head of marketing and brand strategy for Nissan said that the company has been consistently focusing on its brand power across all facets for the past five years and this has shown in this influential brand ranking. The company is also the fastest growing automotive brand and this further highlights the Nissan growth story which centers around its products and its vision for the future of driving.
This recognition as a top global brand further reflects Nissan’s drive to achieve solid business results by increasing brand visibility. In 2016, Nissan has promoted brand awareness through several key partnerships ranging from the 2016 Rio Olympics to the UEFA Champions League. The brand has also become more proactive in building excitement around the Nissan brand by promoting its Intelligent Mobility blueprint for making driving safer, more exciting, and more sustainable.
Some of the reasons cited for Nissan’s leap in rankings are as follows:
• Nissan’s strategic use of digital platforms and technologies for increasing brand awareness;
• Bringing onboard new partners who are leaders in their respective fields like the recent global agreement with Microsoft, for increasing Nissan’s expertise in vehicle connectivity and connected services;
• Launch of exciting new products ranging from the Serena with ProPilot technology to the GT-R NISMO;
• Nissan’s strong commitment to customer satisfaction; and
• Nissan’s adaptability and success in creating new takes on the brand, like the recent opening of Nissan Crossing in the Ginza district of Tokyo.
The Best Global Brands study is Interbrand’s annual report on the most valuable brands in the world which takes into account a brand’s performance across many parameters including financial performance, ongoing investment and management of the brand as a business asset, the strength of the brand and the role of brand in the purchase decision process.
Manju Mathew, an MBA in marketing, completed publisher training courses from the Oxford Brookes University and New York University. She started with marketing and PR roles before moving on to her current position as a full time writer. Currently living in Dubai, her life as an expat has sharpened her observation skills and flair for writing. She enjoys writing about luxury cars like Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc even if she can only dream of owning them.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© 2017 Morjan Media LLC. All Rights Reserved.